Suncast sheds are outstanding for hanging tools with little maintenance. The hanging process is also simple but it can be a bit tricky for beginners.
So, how to hang tools in a Suncast shed?
To hang tools in a Suncast shed, first, assess the shed wall and pick the hanging hardware weight capacity. Next, measure and mark on the shed wall where you need to hang the hardware.
Now, drill holes in it and insert nuts and bolts. Hang the hardware of your choice on it. Finally, make necessary adjustments to the hardware if needed.
Want more details on this? Keep on reading:
- 1 7 Easy Steps on How to Hang Tools in A Suncast Shed
- 2 Which Hardware Should You Choose?
- 3 Maintenance Tips for Suncast Shed
- 4 FAQs
- 5 End Words
7 Easy Steps on How to Hang Tools in A Suncast Shed
Similar to how to hang stuff in resin sheds, hanging tools in a Suncast shed is quite easy. But you need to be careful while hanging tools. Don’t put too much weight on one particular point. This can damage the shed walls.
To avoid such situations follow the steps below carefully. But first, let’s check out the tools you will need:
- Drilling machine
- Nuts & bolts
- Measuring tape
- Cleaning Solution
Step 1: Assess Shed Wall
The first step of hanging tools in a Suncast shed is to assess the shed walls. Suncast sheds are made of resin and are considerably lightweight.
You need to assess the shed wall carefully. Choose a spot that seems sturdy enough to drill holes into it.
Step 2: Compare the Weight of Tools and Sheds Weight Capacity
The next step is to consider the weight capacity of the shed walls and your tools. Suncast sheds come in a variety of sizes. So, the weight limit differs a lot between each shed.
Check the weight capacity of your shed. Then, compare it with the combined weight of the tools you plan on hanging. Make sure the shed walls are able to support the tool’s weight.
Step 3: Choose Your Hanging Hardware
The next step for you is to pick the hanging hardware. There’s a wide variety of hardware available from which you can choose for your shed.
Assess the tools you plan on hanging and check which of the hardware will be the best fit. For lightweight tools, you can use the Suncast 2′ Wall Mount Tool Organizer. This tool organizer is great for hanging garden tools.
- MOUNTABLE: Tool Hanger mounts to 16 inch or 24 inch stud centers. We recommend mounting in multiple locations for maximum stability
- DURABLE: Holds 30 lbs. evenly distributed over all hooks
- VERSATILE: Holds a variety of small tools and brushes to keep your garage or storage space uncluttered
Step 4: Clean the Shed Wall
Moving on, now you have to clean the shed walls with a cleaning solution or soapy water.
Small dirt and debris can easily hamper a proper drill into your shed wall. Moreover, grease or oil on the shed wall can affect the adhesion as well.
So before drilling, put some cleaning solution on a cloth and clean the shed from top to bottom.
Step 5: Measure and Mark
Now, use the measuring tape to measure at which gaps you need to drill holes in the hardware. Mark those probable hole areas with a marker or a pencil. Make sure the weight of the tools is evenly distributed on the hardware.
Step 6: Drill Holes in the Shed and Attach Hanging Hardware
Next, use the drilling machine to carefully drill into the marked area. Insert the nuts and bolts into the wall. Then, secure them with a rubber washer.
The rubber washer ensures the nuts won’t move from their holes and stays intact. After that, hang the hanging accessories of your choice one by one.
Step 7: Hang Tools and Monitor Overtime
Finally, hang your tools one by one. Suncast sheds can expand and contract with time and also changes in temperature. So, check from time to time to see if there are any changes in the drilled holes.
Which Hardware Should You Choose?
Suncast offers different hangers for hanging tools both lightweight and heavyweight. Apart from these tools, here are a few hanging hardware you can consider:
Hooks to hang tools in the shed come in a variety of sizes and are made of different materials. S-shaped hooks are usually made of metal and support lightweight gardening tools.
- MATERIAL: Stainless Steel; COLOUR: Silver color
- PACKAGE: 20 * Hooks
- Designed to handle heavier loads, sturdy and last for a long time
Magnetic tools are perfect for lightweight to medium-weight tools like wrenches, screwdrivers, pillars, etc.
Adhesive hooks on the other hand can support heavy tools. But it depends on which self-adhesive hook you have picked. These work great with resin walls like that of the Suncast shed.
But it’s best that for larger tools opt for the heavy-duty hooks. These hooks are usually made of rust-resistant materials like stainless steel or coated metal.
They have wide openings to accommodate larger tool handles like that of shovels, rakes, etc.
Magnetic Strips and Holders
Magnetic Strips and Holders are perfect for screwdrivers, wrenches, and other small metal tools. You can simply strip off the cover and attach these to the shed walls.
Hangers and Clips
For easy access and weather-resistant options, hangers and clips are a great choice. This hardware can keep your extension cords, hoses, and outdoor power tools safely off the ground.
Slatwall Panels and Pegboard Panels
Slatwall panels can be used to hang tools in a Suncast shed as well. These walls have horizontal grooves. You can attach various hooks, shelves, or baskets to them according to your needs.
These walls offer flexibility in arranging and rearranging your tools however you please. Retailers like Lowes and Amazon offer a variety of Suncast slat wall-hanging accessories.
Pegboard panels on the other hand are an adaptable option for shed walls. They have evenly spaced holes where you can insert pegboard hooks and accessories. You can easily hang smaller hand tools, gardening supplies, and more.
- More than ten times stronger than conventional pegboard and 32in Tall x 16in
- Galvanized steel pegboard panels accept slotted, stable, and more secure hooks, pegs, brackets, and shelves
- Steel panel prevents the pegboard holes from fraying and wearing out over time. For mounting into concrete, we would recommend using Blue TapCon screws or equivalent
If you have a lot of space in the Suncast shed, pick wall-mounted shelves for storing your tools. These storage shelves can support 50-600 pounds of weight per shelf.
- ????【Varied Floating Shelves】- Let‘s use our creativity and imagination! The uniquely designed matte surface metal triangular bracket can be installed on the top or bottom of the shelf. The two types of brackets and 4 paulownia wood shelves can produce a variety of combinations, such as 2+2, 1+2+1, 1+1+1+1 etc.
- ????【Multi-Functional Shelves】- Our floating wall shelves are ideal choices for kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, bathroom, office, etc. You can put seasoning bottles and dishes in the kitchen. In the bathroom you can put toiletries, towels. In the living room you can also put small flower pots, trophies, collectibles, books, photos, etc and even use them for cat shelves. These look clean, tidy and bring you the beauty of nature.
- ????【Product Specification】- Large: 16.5 X 6.1 X 4.3in, medium: 14.2 X 6.1 X 4.3in, small:11.4 X 6.1 X 4.3in, the thickness is 0.6in. Package includes 4 paulownia boards, 8 metal brackets, 18 plastic anchors, 18 long screws, 18 short screws and 1 installation manual. In addition, our wall shelves can hold up 40 lbs of weight when you install them firmly on the wall.
You can store almost every tool, gardening item, or gear in these without any worry.
This storage is the best option for heavier tools and seasonal items. Mostly made of durable materials, they can easily support the weight of heavy-duty tools.
Power tools, camping gear, gardening supplies, lumber, etc all can be stored on these racks without any worry.
Wooden Hanging Rack
This is a popular choice between Diy-ers for its customizing ability. You can easily create wooden racks with respect to your own Suncast shed measurements. This is perfect for hanging heavy tools.
Here’s a video on how to make wooden shelf-storing tools:
Finally, freestanding shelves are great options for flexible arrangements. They have a similar weight capacity to wall-mounted shelves and can store a lot of items at once.
- 5 shelf wire rack offers handy storage space and easy access to tools and supplies
- Durable steel construction with a Chrome finish; each shelf holds up to 350 pounds, evenly distributed; 1750 pound total weight capacity
- Adjustable shelf height in 1-inch increments for easy customizing; 4 leveling feet for stability
Maintenance Tips for Suncast Shed
Maintaining your Suncast shed is the ultimate secret of its longevity. Follow the tips down below and your shed is bound to last a long time:
- Clean the shed with mild soap and water each year. Do not use bleach, ammonia, or other caustic cleaners, they can damage the shed’s surface.
- Regularly check the shed’s roof for any signs of damage such as cracks or leaks. Make sure to repair any damage as soon as possible to keep the shed secure and weather-tight.
- Lubricate the shed’s hinges and locks with a silicone-based lubricant for smooth functioning.
- Consider using a UV-resistant coating to protect the shed from sun damage and fading.
What Tools are Best Suited for Hanging on a Suncast Tool Hanger?
Suncast tool hangers are best for hanging long-handled tools like rakes, shovels, brooms, mops, etc. The long and narrow shape of these tools is a perfect fit for Suncast hangers.
What is the Weight Limit for a 4 ft Garden Hanger of Suncast?
The weight limit is up to 120 lbs for a 4 ft Garden Long-Handled Tool Hanger of Suncast. But this weight limit is for evenly distributed weight across all hooks. To ensure the stability and durability of the tool hanger, do not hang tools that exceed this limit.
Can Suncast Tool Hangers Be Used to Store Bicycles?
No, Suncast tool hangers can’t be used to store bicycles. They are not designed to support the weight and shape of a bicycle. For storing bicycles the recommended options are wall-mounted bike racks, ceiling-mounted bike lifts, or freestanding bike racks.
That ends our discussion on how to hang tools in a suncast shed. It’s a comparatively easy process. If you have the right hardware you will be finished hanging your tools within an afternoon.