Chainsaws need to be maintained! Even though they don’t require regular maintenance, they need to be maintained all the time. Otherwise, they won’t function properly.
It’s quite frustrating, however. When the blades aren’t sharp enough. Well, we all get caught up in life. Here, to revive the sharpness of the blades, you need the best chainsaw files by your side.
These devices will ensure the chainsaw cuts through everything like butter in a hot pan! Things were easy to research. But, we took our time and went through 30-odd products. Finally, times have been going by our side and we’ve chosen our best 10 ones on this list.
As we’ve reviewed all of them, go through the overview section. It’ll help you understand the product well enough. After that, you’ll know what to expect.
With that said, we will now offer a comparison table to help you better understand what you are getting. It’s going to be short-just a sneak peek of what you can expect in the coming sections about the best chainsaw file guide.
- 1 1. Stihl 2-in-1 Chainsaw Sharpener
- 2 2. katzco chainsaw sharpener file kit
- 3 3. Pferd 17300 CS-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide
- 4 4. STIHL 5605 007 1027 Chainsaw Filing
- 5 5. Pferd 17304 CS-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide
- 6 6. Husqvarna 531300081 3/8-Inch Saw Chain Filing Kit
- 7 7. MIZOOVA Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- 8 8. Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit
- 9 9. Oregon 25896 3/16 inch Chainsaw File Guide
- 10 10. Oregon 70503/80503 3/16-Inch Chain Saw File
- 11 Compatibility Issue: Do You Need More Than One File?
- 12 File Size
- 13 Round Files vs Flat Files: Which One’s Better?
- 14 Handle: Is it Important?
- 15 Chainsaw Gauge
- 16 Single Cut vs Double Cut File: Quick Overview
- 17 How to Sharpen Chainsaw with a File: Step-by-step
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
- 18.1 What’s needed to be done about the quick loss of sharpness of the chainsaw chain?
- 18.2 Should I use my chainsaw with wet wood?
- 18.3 Is there any limit on the number of times you can sharpen a chainsaw chain?
- 18.4 How frequently should I change my chainsaw chain?
- 18.5 How should I determine that my chainsaw isn’t usable anymore?
- 19 Final Thoughts
1. Stihl 2-in-1 Chainsaw Sharpener
- Dimension: 8.43 x 1.96 x 0.91 inches
- Weight: 12.3 ounces
- Material: Metal
Presenting the king of this list- Stihl 2-in-1 Chainsaw Sharpener. It has beaten every product in terms of every feature. Well almost! We loved how it worked at increasing the sharpness of the chainsaw.
The unique thing about this product is the metal and plastic construction! Here, the metal presence does enhance the durability to some extent. That said, it does increase the weight as well. Heads up! It’s not the heaviest on the list. But, it’s heavier than most of the products we’ll review here.
To be exact, it does come with 12.3 ounces of weight alongside it. So, yeah, no kidding about the weight factor! But, it’s still portable. It’s not like the weight will be the end of the world for you.
This single tool works at ensuring that the chainsaws are sharp all the time. It’ll even keep the chainsaws in top shape. And, you want that, right?
From a design standpoint, you’ll notice that it allows the user a lot of freedom when it comes to sharpening jobs. Now, we’ve tested it all right. And, we kinda like how all the things coordinate together.
We’d like to call this tool “hassle-free” because it was quite easy to work with it. The usability and functionality are both satisfactory, which is why it has occupied the first spot in our review.
It does have some plastic in the construction. Many people would take longevity into concern for this reason. Trust me, it’s not like that. It has a quite solid construction. And, the metal building will ensure it’s better in every way possible.
2. katzco chainsaw sharpener file kit
- CONVENIENCE - Katzco complete chainsaw file kit contains every field tool you could possibly need to get your chainsaw back into its optimal condition. The roll-up tool pouch keeps everything you need in one location and allows for great portability so you can bring it wherever and whenever needed
- VARIETY - This kit comes with a range of different files to meet any of your chainsaw sharpening needs. The premium fine tooth flat and round files is made for Fast filing and cutting. The round files come in the sizes of: 5/32”, 3/16”, and 7/32”. The hardwood handle can attach to any of the files and the depth-gauge tool as well and can be used on any chainsaw.
- QUALITY – These fine-tooth chainsaw files with the stained and finished wood handle allows for comfortable grip when using and will keep the chain sharp to allow for faster, safer work so you can get the most out of your chainsaw.
- Dimension: 3 x 1 x 2 inches
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Round File Size: 5/32”, 3/16”, 7/32”
Be it convenience or variety, this product tops every sector. We have the Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener in second place. It was very close to beating the top 1. So, stick around for watching its glory-
The weight was the unique standpoint in the previous product. Guess what? This one is unique for the weight too. Presenting the lightest chainsaw file in our list. With only 8 ounces of weight, you won’t even feel a thing when working with this one.
Here, the lower weight makes the product extremely portable and easy to use. After all, the weight does make it easy at carrying it around. Plus, you won’t get fatigued on the hands like the heavier options.
Speaking of portability, the product comes in a roll-up pouch. As a result, it’ll offer all the portability in the world that you need. In fact, the overall kit contains all the files you’ll want. So, it all comes in a package.
Here, the Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit comes with 3-different files. This makes it the ideal option as an on-the-go professional. As you have a set of different files means you won’t have any problems with compatibility. To be precise, the round files come in a size of 5/32”, 3/16”, and 7/32”.
Now, let’s talk about the handle since you’re going to be holding that for a long time. Here, the chainsaw comes with hardwood handles. You can attach the handle to any 3 of the files and start using them.
Here, the stained wood handle will allow comfort and a secure grip all the time. So, you can use this to work with your chainsaw and sharpen them up at a faster pace.
On the other hand, the kit does come with premium build quality. So, it’s durable all the time. And, it even comes with fine teeth that work on your chainsaw.
Also, there are options for the angle indications in the chainsaw. You can use these indications for optimal usability. And, it makes the files to be used quite easily.
In the end, the best thing about this chainsaw is that it’s put at an affordable price range. Now, all the other cheap chainsaws are there in the market. This one stands out due to the price-quality ratio.
As this chainsaw comes with a lot of useful features, you can easily count on it to do the work for you. And, the lower price adds the cherry on top.
3. Pferd 17300 CS-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide
- CHAIN SHARP: The CS-X chain saw sharpener stands out due to its very good file position, ergonomic shape and easier operation. The device provides a sharpening angle of 30°
- PRECISION: Optimized shape for precise guidance and optimal sharpening results. Long service life thanks to interchangeable files - improved shape makes it easy to replace the files
- EFFICENCY: The chain saw sharpeners are well-suited to manual sharpening. This is more economical, much more gentle than machine-based sharpening and can prolong the operating life of the saw chain
- Dimension: 13.86 x 3.27 x 0.87 inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Sharpening Angle: 300
- Depth Gauge Distance: 0.025 inch
- Chain Pitch: 3/8 Inch
3rd time’s the charm! Right? Well, if that’s not the case, you’ll still have reasons to love the Pferd 17300 CS-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide. After all, this sleek chainsaw file has a lot to offer. Let’s begin-
Here, the chainsaw file comes with a sharpening angle of 300. It stands out from the other products due to this angle. Also, the file position is quite better than the other ones. Alongside this, the ergonomic shape makes it better too. All in all, this product is quite easy to use.
Let’s start off with the design. This product has by far one of the most sleek-looking designs on the list. As a result, it has a relatively easier operation too.
Alongside the design, we have the ergonomic shape of this product. It contributes to the easy usage of the product as well. That said, it isn’t small by any means.
Added to that, it’s heavier than the previous product too. It comes with a weight of 11.2 ounces. Even though it isn’t the heaviest on the list, it’s still heavy! Now, the question is- will that make it hard to use?
Certainly not, it’s easier to use, at all costs. But, it does add issues in the portability sector too. Even though it doesn’t have a bulky form, it has some added weight to deal with. So, we’ll leave you on that.
Still, if you consider the portability and ease of use, you will find this chainsaw file to be a worthy choice. It’s both precise and efficient to use, not to mention the fair price tag that makes it even more intriguing.
In the end, the design is quite simple. And, yes, the overall functionality is simple as well.
It’s just that the instructions manual could’ve been improved a bit better. That’s our take. The beginners will still love this product due to its simplicity. And, we’ll leave you with the decision-making.
4. STIHL 5605 007 1027 Chainsaw Filing
- Dimension: 1.1 x 11.42 x 0.2 inches
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- File Size: 5/32-Inch
Bringing in another STIHL product to our list. Guess we just love how the products behave. So, what difference does this one have compared to the previous?
It’s a tad bit smaller than the previously discussed STIHL product. Due to it having a smaller length, the overall weight is reduced too. Unlike the last products, this one weighs just 8.8 ounces. This means it’s quite easier to use too. And, it’s portable due to the lower form factor and weight.
Another great thing about this product is that it doesn’t need any preparation to get started. All you need to do is have the right kit in hand and you’re good to go.
You will get the right amount of precision and control, which should be an expectation from a brand of this stature. Similar to the 1st product, it comes with excellent precision. And, you have overall better control. So, we believe it’s a bonus in this product.
Besides, this product is different from the previous in the construction sector too. Here, the product comes in steel built along with a wooden combination.
Stainless steel increases durability, to some extent. Overall, the product is quite tough and durable.
In the end, it does have all the necessary features compared to the 1st product. But, the brand did slack off on one thing. And, that’s the instruction guide.
We just wish the brand provided better instructions to go along with this product.
5. Pferd 17304 CS-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide
- PFERD sharpeners for manual sharpening of saw chains allows for flexible use and simple handling
- The sharpener simultaneously sharpens the saw teeth and adjusts the depth gauge of the saw chain
- Even unskilled users can obtain precise and uniform sharpening results with this compact sharpener
- Dimension: 14.37 x 3.39 x 0.87 inches
- Weight: 13.2 ounces
- Depth Gauge Distance: 0.030-Inch
- Chain Pitch: 0.404-Inch
- Chainsaw File: 7/32-Inch
Another Pferd product! Trust me, we’re not being biased here. You’re seeing repeated brands as they’re quite good, to begin with. So, what’s so special here?
Compared to the top 5, this one is the longest. Yeah, no kidding, it’s quite long! Now, add a 13.2-ounce weight with that. So, we don’t bet this one being the most portable one on the list. But, hey, at least it’s durable.
And, why won’t it be durable? After all, it’s got a solid construction to back it up. Speaking of that, the product does arrive with a solid steel design with plastic adding on it.
The steel takes care of all the toughness and the plastic doesn’t add up the added weight! Apart from that, the manufacturers built this product with an ergonomic shape.
As a result, you’ll get decent functionality with this one. Compared to the other products, this one has a 7/32 chainsaw file size. It’s quite similar to the look department with the previous Pferd.
The 17300 had the same design too. So, you can expect the same bit of design advantages in the 17304 as well. It’s just that, this one’s a bit heavy and long. That’s what caused us to take some points away from this one.
But, you can’t swap out the files in this product. There’s no other way to use these in a different case. Hence, the problem arises when you’re trying to replace or swap the files. Other than that, we really liked this product.
6. Husqvarna 531300081 3/8-Inch Saw Chain Filing Kit
- For Models 55 Rancher, 257, 261, 362XP, 357XP, 359, 365, 372XP, 385XP, 395XP, 3120XP, 455 Rancher, 570 and 575XP
- Everything you need to file your chain
- Includes file handle, combination filing gauge, 2 round files, and 1 flat file for depth gauges
- Chainsaw File: 7/32-Inch
- Size: 3/8-Inch
Similar to the previous product, the Husqvarna 531300081 comes with a 7/32-inch file. And, it does come with a lot of benefits. So, let’s begin-
Here, the chainsaw files come with 2 rounded files and one 1-flat file for the depth gauges. As a result, the files do the work of keeping the chainsaws sharp and efficient. On the other hand, the cutting tooth of the chainsaw files is exposed while sharpening.
As we’re on the topic of usage, this one comes with angle markers. Due to them, you’ll have an easier time using the product. In fact, the product is known for its overall functionality and usability.
It’s got just the right amount of balance and control you’d need. On top of that, there is a combination of the chainsaw file depth gauge, which makes the work cleaner overall.
I guess adding proper instructions to the chainsaw file guides isn’t the thing you’ll get. So, yeah, this one doesn’t have the proper instructions provided as well.
Beginners might want to consult someone if they’re having a tough time using this product. But, it’s still far better at using it!
7. MIZOOVA Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- 10 piece chainsaw sharpening kit, sharpens chain blades quickly, affordably and effortlessly
- Durable 5/32, 3/16, 7/32 inch round files, can be used on a wide variety of chain types and pitch
- File guide with quick lock and release mechanism; engraved angles help with alignment when filing
- Dimension: 11.02 x 3.15 x 1.18 inches
- Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Round File Size: 5/32, 3/16, 7/32 inch
- Flat File: 6-Inch
Another heavy-weight product on our list. MIZOOVA 10 Piece Chainsaw Sharpener is another one on our list that’s quite durable and tough.
The unique thing about this chainsaw is the locking mechanism. This feature does make usability a lot easier. Overall, the product is quite easy to use.
Speaking of usability, the product comes with a hardwood handle. People normally don’t consider this as an important factor. But, hardwood handles require attention!
Here, the handles come with a protective coating attached to it. As a result, it’s quite comfortable and secure to be used. So, you can use the product for a long time without fatigue.
It even has three types of different round files in the product. Due to this factor, you’ll have tremendous versatility. And, compatibility will never be an issue whatsoever.
To be precise, it has 5/32, 3/16, and 7/32 round-size files. Added to that, there’s even a 6-inch flat file for you to work with as well.
Now, let’s talk about the usability features. It has a quick lock and release mechanism. So, it’s easier to use too. Plus, there are angle engravings for proper functionality. To sum up, the kit is very diverse and compatible with a wide range of chains.
Lastly, it even has a solid steel construction too. So, where does the tool lack? Well, the overall quality of the tools isn’t top-notch. We believe that could be improved.
8. Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit
- The Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening Kit contains 3 Round Files, Racer File, Depth Gauge, Handle, Filing Field Guide and a Travel Case which is all the tools a professional would need to maintain and fine-tooth a chainsaw in the working field.
- SPECS: 3 Round Files Sizes: 5/32”-4.0mm with a 3/8” LP Pitch 3/16”-4.8mm with a .325” Pitch 7/32”-5.5mm with a 3/8” Pitch - 3/8” Hardwood handle - 6” Flat File - Durable Pouch 10.5” x 7”.
- QUALITY: All the tools are constructed from high-quality steel for great strength and longevity and also includes a strong hardwood handle - The file holder shows the angles on the back of it when you are filling to adjust the angle and is very simple to use.
- Dimension: 24 x 34 x 34 inches
- Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Round File Size: 5/32″, 3/16″ & 7/32 Inch
- Hardwood Handle: 6-Inch
- Pouch: 10.5” x 7”
Size matters! Never let anyone fool you by saying size doesn’t matter. Presenting the longest chainsaw file in our list- Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit. Let’s see what this big boy has to offer-
Well, yes, the product is the longest one on the list! Sadly, it’s the heaviest one in the list as well. Combine both of these factors together. And, we’re not seeing those benefits in the portability department, I’m afraid!
But, this 8-piece kit has some other things to be proud of. It comes with 3 different rounded files. As a result, it does provide better versatility. And, the compatibility issue is just thrown out of the window.
Along with the different file sizes, it comes with a hardwood handle as well. So, it’s quite easier to grip the product and not get fatigued easily too.
Besides, there are 2 different clips in the product. These two add in the support required for the product. And, the marked angles ensure the right precision needed for work. Overall, it’s quite easy to use.
So, yeah, if your chainsaw chain needs a good brush-up, then this kit can make it happen.
As mentioned earlier, all the pieces are there to give you seamless control and precision. And that is to be expected when you have a decent build quality alongside the proper attention to detail.
But, there have been incidents when the file just slipped inside the gauge. That won’t be an issue if you can control it better. At least we controlled it better. So, keep that in mind when you’re working with this one.
9. Oregon 25896 3/16 inch Chainsaw File Guide
- File guide grips file securely and keeps file at the correct depth
- Lines on the file guide's frame make it easy to align the file consistently and correctly
- 3/16 inches
- Dimension: 3.55 x 11.95 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 3.53 ounces
- Size: 3/16-Inch
We’re at the end of this list. And, we have a different brand for you. Oregon 25896 is a matter of our interest. Let’s check out what matters here-
Compared to the other products in this list, this one has a smaller form factor. Added to that, there’s a lower weight factor as well. So, overall, this one is quite the product to work with. It’s just easier to work and carry around.
Here, the file guide works at keeping the file in the right depth. It’ll grip in securely with the files. This way, it’ll work with the files at all times.
On the other hand, there are lines on this file guide. They work at keeping the alignment of the file consistent and correct.
One thing is for sure, this product does provide all the help you need for proper alignment and control. There are even angle indicators for guiding you through. We give bonus points for this help. And, yes, we recommend this product to beginners for this reason only.
Let’s talk about the grip of this product for now. It’s comfortable and secure. And, the steel construction means that the brand didn’t compromise with the build quality.
It’ll last for a bit, we guarantee that. But, hey, it won’t last forever. One thing that did annoy us was that there was only one file in the entire package. So, we believe that this product doesn’t have better compatibility.
And, you won’t have added options to be used with this product.
10. Oregon 70503/80503 3/16-Inch Chain Saw File
- Swiss double-cut file design with precision cutting-tooth and fewer teeth per inch than competitive files
- Precision centerless grind
- Uniform file diameter and tooth height
- Dimension: 1.25 x 10 x 1 inches
- Weight: 0.96 ounces
- Size: 3/16 Inch
We’re at the end! Finally, it’s been a long journey, right? We’ve scattered through tons of products in the market. Even though we’ve chosen it with us, it’s still at the bottom. So, let’s see why we’ve added this one-
Well, the best thing about this product is the size and weight, hands down! It comes with a weight of less than a single ounce. How crazy is that? This lower weight and smaller form factor make it easily the most portable on the list.
It features a sand-blasted design that comes demagnetized. The design of this product makes it look quite premium. In fact, our experiment team loved it for the design, most of all. Here, the Swiss-cut finish with precision teeth makes it look great.
But, the 3/16 inch chainsaw file does not have too many teeth, to begin with. It’s quite the all-rounder. Here, the tang, chainsaw file diameter, and teeth are uniform.
Uniformity and control are the two things you need to include when you’re describing this chainsaw file. And that’s pretty much what all professionals need. The best part is that you can have both of these traits without making much of an effort.
We’ve focused on the size and weight factor for a lot of time. But, the thing is- the product doesn’t have better durability. This is what keeps us from recommending this product to others.
All in all, the durability needs to be improved. Otherwise, the product won’t last for a long time. And, the lifespan won’t be increased too. Other than that, you can take the products for easier usage and portability.
The choice is yours!
Compatibility Issue: Do You Need More Than One File?
You’ve seen the list, by now. And, yes, there have been products with one or more than one file size. If you’ve read our discussions then you’ll know that we prefer different file sizes.
But, why is that?
Well, the different file sizes mean that you’ll have vast options with the products. So, you won’t be left with a single size of files. And, this added variety will make life much easier for you.
You need to decide what size of chainsaw file you’ll need for yourself. In this case, the common ones are the 3/16, 5/32, and 7/32 inches.
But, make sure that the chainsaw files are compatible with your saw. Otherwise, it won’t really work.
Here, there needs to be a balance of the sizes. Because a smaller size file won’t properly sharpen a chainsaw. Likewise, a longer file won’t properly sharpen too. So, you need to check if the compatibility is right or not.
And, how should you do that? Well, read the chainsaw manuals in order to figure it out.
Round Files vs Flat Files: Which One’s Better?
Well, well. It seems like there are two kinds of files in the market. We’ve reviewed both of these files in our review section. So, you’ve definitely heard of them.
But, this could cause confusion in the minds of people. After all, which one is better? Among the two, there are differences. So, let’s check it out:
Both files function differently. Here, the rounded files sharpen the sides. They even sharpen the top plates too. Whereas, the flat files sharpen the depth gauges. This way, they retain the shape of the depth gauges at all times.
In our opinion, you’ll need both files in order to ensure the best of the best works! Hence, try to get chainsaw files that provide both rounded and flat files.
Handle: Is it Important?
Yes, the handle plays an important role. After all, you’re going to be holding this thing for a long time when working. So, it needs to have the right set of coating inside of it.
Here, the handle needs to be comfortable. Otherwise, you’ll develop fatigue quite easily. Plus, the handle needs to provide a dedicated grip. This will cause you to securely hold the handle in hand for a long.
Another important thing about the handle is that it needs to be durable. As you’ll work around chainsaws, it’s important that the handle is durable and tough all the time.
Chainsaw gauges are important. If you don’t have the right set of gauges with you, unexpected vibrations will occur. And, that’s not a pleasant thing to witness.
Besides, there are different gauges in the market. But, commonly there are four of them. These are- 0.43, 0.050, 0.058, and 0.063 inches.
Single Cut vs Double Cut File: Quick Overview
Here’s a quick overview table comparing single-cut and double-cut files:
|Aspect||Single Cut File||Double Cut File|
|Cutting Action||Cuts in one direction||Crosses two directions.|
|Teeth Spacing||Closely spaced teeth||Widely spaced teeth.|
|Finish||Produces smoother finish||Produces rougher finish.|
|Material Removal||Slower material removal||Faster material removal.|
|Ideal for||Fine work, precision||Rough work, heavy-duty.|
|Application||Soft metals, wood, etc.||Hard metals, rough work.|
How to Sharpen Chainsaw with a File: Step-by-step
Sharpening a chainsaw with a file is a vital maintenance task to ensure the chainsaw cuts efficiently and safely. Follow these steps to sharpen your chainsaw properly:
- Secure the chainsaw: Place the chainsaw on a stable surface, like a workbench or sawhorse, ensuring it’s firmly held in place. You can use a vice or a clamp to secure the chainsaw bar for added stability.
- Inspect the chain: Examine the chain for any damaged or excessively worn teeth. If you notice any serious damage or heavily worn teeth, it might be best to replace the chain instead of sharpening it.
- Identify the cutter type: Determine the type of cutter teeth on your chainsaw chain. There are typically three types: round-filed, square-filed, and semi-chisel. The most common type is round-filed, and it requires a round chainsaw file.
- Find the correct file size: Check the chainsaw’s user manual or the markings on the chainsaw’s bar to find the appropriate file size for your chain.
- Position the file: Insert the file into the tooth of the cutter, aligning it with the proper angle. The file should be at a 20-30 degree angle relative to the bar, depending on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- File the tooth: Push the file across the cutter, away from you, using smooth, even strokes. File in one direction only, and avoid using a back-and-forth sawing motion, as it can damage the cutter.
- Maintain consistent pressure: Apply consistent, light pressure as you file each tooth. Count the number of strokes to ensure uniformity among all cutters.
- Equalize cutter length: Check the length of the cutters regularly and ensure they are all of equal length. This helps maintain balanced cutting performance.
- Repeat on the opposite side: Once you finish sharpening one side of the chain, rotate the chainsaw to access the other side of the chain, and repeat the filing process with the same number of strokes for each cutter.
- Check depth gauges: The depth gauges or rakers need to be properly set to ensure safe and efficient cutting. Use a depth gauge tool or flat file to maintain the proper height of the depth gauges relative to the cutters. Refer to your chainsaw’s manual for the correct height.
- Oil the chain: After sharpening, clean the chain and apply lubricating oil to reduce friction and prevent rusting.
- Test the chain: Before using the chainsaw, run it at a low speed while holding it above a piece of wood to see if it cuts smoothly and consistently. Make any adjustments if necessary.
Note: Make sure to wear appropriate safety gear, including gloves and eye protection, before starting the sharpening process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s needed to be done about the quick loss of sharpness of the chainsaw chain?
First of all, you may want to check the chainsaw file sizes from the user manual. Also, try to put less pressure on the chainsaw chain. You shouldn’t have any further problems.
Should I use my chainsaw with wet wood?
It really doesn’t make any huge difference. Your chainsaw is already lubricated with oil. So, there shouldn’t be any issues whatsoever. However, you should notice the overheat of the chainsaw bar.
Is there any limit on the number of times you can sharpen a chainsaw chain?
It will depend on how you use your chainsaw. But the general consensus is in favor of a maximum rating of 5. It means you can sharpen it at least 5 times.
How frequently should I change my chainsaw chain?
It will depend on your workload of course. In general, for frequent users, a 5-year life expectancy is common. But for those of you who don’t use a chainsaw too often, you could easily get away with 10+ years of use.
How should I determine that my chainsaw isn’t usable anymore?
That is a very important question. In order to find out if your chainsaw chain is wearing out, you need to look for smoking problems. Also, check if there’s any problem with outcome inconsistency.
If you’ve made it this far, then we would like to congratulate you! We understand this review of the best chainsaw files isn’t small by any means. There’s a lot of information to go through.
But if you want to get the best value for the money, you need to be able to understand the gist of it all. If you can do that, buying a chainsaw sharpening file is like a piece of cake.
And that’s pretty much all the advice we have for you now. We hope the extent of our review has given you a good bit of data to work with.
See you around. Peace!